In this age of Black Girl Magic, we must remember that our magic stems from self-love and there can never be too much of it. Remember to pour even more love into yourself than you do for others. You cannot help others if you are not in a good place.
In times like this it is easy to fall into the void of despair but you must not let yourself settle there. The more you feed yourself negative thoughts the longer you stay in a dark place. Remember you are a queen, use your gifts to empower yourself and others.
- Start your day off with affirmations. Head over to SoundCloud and listen to Tracy G. You may have heard her on Sway in the Morning but this “emotional empower-er” has a full arsenal of “Audio Vision Boards” to empower you and encourage you no matter what life throws at you. Tracy’s “Audio Vision Boards” are “modernized affirmations set to dope beats” with just the right amount magic and goodness to help you lead a more enriched lifestyle.
- Yoga & Meditation are great tools to help you focus on yourself. Yoga gives you strength and balance, while meditation gives you calm and peace. Look up a local yoga studio in your area and follow Black Girls Guide to Calm for daily yoga, meditation and wellness insight.
- Treat yo self queen, you work hard and you deserve to be happy. So treat yourself to a frozen yogurt or a new pair of shoes. Be kind to yourself, you must master your own happiness before ever expecting anyone else to do so. Make a list of all the things that make you happy and incorporate those things into your daily routine. Make your happiness a priority.
- Host a Girls Night! Whether it’s a dinner date with your girls or an evening of paint and sip, use this sacred time to share stories, feelings and goals. We all need a strong support system and our sisters often have our back like no other.
- Keeping a Journal is a great way to get the things you can’t share with others off your mind. Writing out your feelings helps to decipher what is worth your attention and what you can let go. Journal writing is also an excellent way to check in with yourself and how you are feeling. For journal inspiration check out Vagabroad Journals.
While we are often compelled to help others and at times feel overwhelmed with our own day to day responsibilities let us not forget to recharge ourselves. Give yourself all the love and attention you deserve and enjoy living a richer more fulfilled life. What are some of your self-care practices?